Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RJA #8c: Field Research Plan–

   For my field research, I plan on using my survey that we created, I posted it publicly on my facebook page, and will try and have my friends take it; I will also create some fliers around school for others to take it. Hopefully this will provide my some info about people's thoughts and feelings about the crisis. I also plan to use the blog website Internet Experts, and I hope to find some good sources here to interview. Also, I am going to write a letter to Suze Orman, asking her questions on what her opinions are on the causes of the financial crisis. I was also going to write  President Obama and Ben Bernanke. I don't know if I'll get a response, but it's worth a try. Some questions I would have for such individuals would include:What was the most influential cause of the 2008 financial crisis, in your opinion?Do you think that the government should have done more or less when dealing with the crisis? Were you satisfied or dissatisfied with the ways in which the government dealt with the situation? Do you believe that more regulation or less regulation is the solution to the economic problems we have seen? How big of an impact in the big picture context of the global recession did the mortgage practices of American banks, such as Mortgage-backed Securities, Credit Default Swaps, and the derivative market have?
When do you believe that the recession will turn around? Do you think that the 2008 economic crisis could have been avoided in any way?

No comments:

Post a Comment